Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The Party Pobble 365. Make up a story based on a picture

 
As I buzzed around, glowing in the darkness, I saw that there was a party happening in the land of Oz.  No humans were invited. It was bliss, my fellow fireflies, who were the emcees, had gotten ready. The lanterns were lit and shining luminously in the darkness, and the vines were hanging down from the tree graciously, swaying through the cool breeze. The party looked very mystical and mysterious, as I hoped it would be. 

As the party guests, fireflies and flying animals were starting to pour in, they found a seat close to the stage.  They were hoping to see all of the performances and speeches that were going to happen later in the night. That evening was Mrs Tenorio’s birthday and she was turning 50! All the guests that had come were hiding, ready to fly out in surprise.  Mrs Tenorio was my year 10 teacher when I was in Lake Parama High. The funny thing is that she doesn’t know a THING about this party!! Her best friend, Bertha, told her to meet her here in the park for evening tea and it sure fooled her!

Mrs Tenorio is a firefly and she has a golden, glowing rear end, black coloured hips, a rich black neck and body and gorgeous transparent wings.  Here she comes, THREE, TWO, ONE SURPRISE!!!! “WHAT! Who’s this for?” exclaimed Mrs Tenorio.  
“YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Today we are celebrating your 50th birthday!”  Mrs Tenorio pondered for a while before saying “Wait a minute, how do you know my age! You know you aren’t supposed to know lady animal age!” 
“Well, Bertha told us since she IS your best friend right?” I said half teasing.  
“Well yes, but is she here?”  boasted Mrs Tenorio.  
“Sadly no, she got a cold at the last minute. JUST KIDDING!! Come out, Bertha!” 
Bertha jumped out with a ginormous grin on her face “Happy birthday!”  Ok, now we are finally going to start the show. Firstly, we are going to sta…… everybody RUN!!!


All the partygoers and I ran frantically because we heard frightening footsteps on the muddy and leafy ground. The head firefly said to run and hide. Next, the terrifying creature stepped his big foot into our party area, just as the fun was going to begin! The foreign creature came in and trashed our party uninvited.  He looked like a HUMAN! It looked like he was carrying a lantern crossed with a jar and there was something inside the jar that bothered me. After being puzzled for a few minutes, I realised inside was MRS TENORIO!! It seemed that she had been captured. I was shocked! I HAD to save her! It was her birthday after all.

Well, I was flying over to the radiant lantern and making a buzzing sound. The tall, skinny man who looked like a scientist, didn’t even hear me so I went up to his cheek and said, “Hey, you have my teacher!” And guess what, he didn’t even hear me!!   How deaf can humans be these days?! Aarrgh! So I went up to his eye and turned on my incandescent bottom and hit him! Score! Mrs Tenorio is gonna regret giving me F’s, fails, on my assignments after I save her! Well, somehow I got stuck in the deaf person’s EYE!! Luckily, he hectically shook me out! PHEW! He then ran far, far away! 

As I was so eager to get my yr 10 teacher back, I followed the being until he reached what looked like a door, with a keypad!  How was I going to save Mrs Tenorio now!? But, because I was a smart little bug, I quickly thought of a plan, ducked behind a tree and turned off my fluorescent rear.  Then I watched ever so closely as he finished entering the keypad and as soon as the door opened, I shot and made a runner as I skimmed through the heavy metal door and entered A SECRET SCIENCE LAB! Inside was a whole bunch of test tubes, goops, gunks and sciency materials and the scariest part, INSECTS! What do scientists use these days! l I followed him deeper into this bunker sort of a thing and then he appeared, trudging to a wooden desk.  He took my teacher out of the specimen jar and laid her flat on the desk. He then got a microscope and studied my beloved teacher from back to front. I heard him say, “ Oh well, she just isn’t right! Who is this firefly?”  
“How dare you call my teacher not right!!” I whispered to myself. Then he put her in the lantern and walked back to the door.  Next, he swung it open and slammed it behind him. He walked gradually back to the party and let her go! “YAYYY!!!!! Where were you, Rose?” Asked Bertha. 
“Some dude took me, captured me and put me into a lantern. He took me to his secret lair and examined me, then put me back in the lantern and brought me back here. So that’s what happened.” 
“It feels soo good to have you back!” Bertha replied.

The party went on and Rose had a wonderful birthday. SHE LOVED IT!!   

By Mahika

No comments:

Post a Comment