Sunday, November 10, 2019

This is my day in the life living in Chennai


I’m Jacqueline and I come from Chennai. My country faces water scarcity. 70% of water is salt water, so that means that only three percent is accessible. But  2% is frozen in glaciers, so only 1% is available for human and animal use. 

Every morning I wake up at 6 am sharp. Every day it is boiling hot and sunny yet again.  when will I be saved from this pain?  my family and I are worried, anxious and desperate for water for me to last the day.


Paragraph 1- morning routine
 I sponge myself with a damp cloth to wipe off sweat , body odour, dust and grime. Then once I am changed, I go and wake up my younger sibling, Priyanka. Once she is awake, I do my brushing, Then I dip my toothbrush into a miniature cup of ice cold water and brush. Then I go to the kitchen to help my mum with breakfast, it's normally Idli and sambar or masala dosa.  However, now that we don't have water we can’t eat that. All I hear is people outside brawling and saying :“ThAt’s MY WaTeR!”
“ DoN’T dRiNk THAT, I PaId FoR ThaT!!”
                    
Paragraph 2- Water truck 
YES!! Finally I can hear the water truck coming down our road. Pshhhhh!! Whooshh!!!!!  I see the water coming into the pipe But it only fills until the halfway point. “Jacqueline, I can finally cook all your favourite foods like Naan ,butter chicken and masala dosa now that we have water,” said my mum Sonakshi. By the way, the water truck always comes at  7pm Sharp. Did you know that people wait outside for hours and hours trying to get water for them and their family? People also wait outside to buy bottled water because most of their water is dirty or is from the sewage .    


 Paragraph 3- Lunch and school
Now that the water truck has come and given us water, I help my mum cook lunch.  Everyday, we try to cook different foods so that we can try a variety of ethnic food like today: we are trying north indian so me and my mum are going to make Chole Bhature and for dinner we are going Chole bhature (if it’s left) or chicken biryani and raita. But before any of that cooking, I will go to the butchers with Priyanka to get meat for the biriyani, The butchers is just across the street. Now that we have the meat, my mum is cooking lunch.now it's time for school, I’m in grade 5 and Priyanka is in grade 3. We get homeschooled because it’s too expensive to go to school. So I am learning factors and percentages and priyanka is learning her multiplication tables. 2 hours later, I finished my homework and it’s 5 o'clock here. Time to start getting ready for dinner

Paragraph 4 - dinner
It is easy to make chicken biryani. All you have to do is cook the rice and add spices and cook the chicken and add it to the biryani. YUM!!!! I love chicken biryani. Half an hour later, It’s finally cooked and it’s time to devour it!! 5 mins later, IT’S FINISHED!! Looks like my family loved it!! My tummy is still not full!! Maybe I can go to the ice cream shop downstairs! YYEEEEESSSSSS!! Guess what my mum said, yes . I’m going to get mango flavour,’ I wonder how they make it?’.5 mins later, I ate it now time for my night routine.


Paragraph 5 - night routine

My night routine isn’t much, all I do is brush my teeth, moisturise my face and change into my pjs.I’ll see you after I brush my teeth.2 mins later, I've brushed my teeth and time to moisturise my face. Now that i have moisturised my face I will change into my pjs and go to sleep. GOOD NIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment