Wednesday, August 12, 2020

WALT recognise and understand equivalent fractions part 2

I designed this turtle. I used hexagons, trapeziums, triangles and diamonds. There are 16 different shapes. I knew that this pattern can be made in many different ways but I know that it can be made from just hexagons. Overall there are 20 different types of shapes. I knew that a hexagon can be made from 2 trapeziums and altogether there are 14 trapeziums. I have used 4 trapezoids out of 14 so the fraction will be 4/14 which can be simplified into 2/7. You can also make this shape from triangles and you will need 42 triangles and I have used 10 triangles so the fraction is 10/42 and you can simplify it and the fraction will be 5/21. Next is hexagons, there are 7 hexagons in the design and 2 are whole hexagons so the fraction is 2/7. Lastly, diamonds, Altogether there are 21 diamonds. I used 4, so the fraction is going to be 4/21 this fraction cannot be simplified.


No comments:

Post a Comment